Pennsylvania driver’s license is an official document and valid for four years. When it comes time to renew your license, PennDOT will automatically send an “Invitation to Renew” (DL60A/DL60R) three months before your license expires. Individuals age 65 or older have the option of renewing their license every two years, instead of the standard four years.
Non-commercial drivers can renew online, providing there are no corrections or changes.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Renewing your license:
1. Receive an Invitation to Renew (DL60A/DL60R) or obtain Form DL-143.
2. Return completed application with a check or money order made payable to PennDOT in the amount indicated on the form.
3. A camera card will be mailed, and you should receive it within seven to ten working days after form is processed.
4. Once you receive your camera card, you will need to take it along with your Social Security card and appropriate identification to any Photo Center to receive a new digitized driver’s license.
The following are not eligible to renew via the Internet:
- Any Commercial Drivers License
- Any license that is not currently valid (expired 6 months or more)
- Any license where the information on file is not current
- Any Valid without Photo Driver's License
You can find out more about drivers license renewals on the PennDOT website.
Note: This article was accurate when it was published. Please confirm all details directly with PennDOT.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS:
– There are so many things to remember when you’re moving. We make changing your address on your Driver’s License or Photo ID easy.
The person who has moved and is changing their address should bring their current Driver’s License or Photo ID into our office.
We will process your change of address on-line and print out your amendment card right here in our office!
KEEP IN MIND WE CAN DO SO MUCH MORE:
- Driver’s License Restoration
- Requirement Letter Printouts
- On-Line Driver’s License Restorations
- Driver’s License Abstracts: 3 Year Record / Certified Driving Record
- Learner’s Permit (Class C): Renewals / Duplicates / Corrections and updates
For any questions, you may give our office a call and we can help you the best we can.