The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is one of 49 States that are included in the International Registration Plan (IRP). The plan provides for interstate operators to register their vehicles in Pennsylvania instead of having to deal directly with the different states in which they operate. PennDOT in turn will pay the “Apportionable” Fees to the various States and Canadian Provinces the vehicle is operated on the basis of proportion of total distance operated in each State or Province.
You are required to register your vehicles apportionately if your vehicle travels or intended for travel in two or more of the member jurisdictions listed on page 27 of The Plan Current Version (IRP link above) and:
– Is used for the transportation of people for hire or is designed, used , and/or kept primarily for the transport of property,
– Is a power unit having a gross or registered weight in excess of 26,000 pounds, or
– Is used on combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight, or
– Is a power unit having three or more axles regardless of weight
– Vehicles or combinations having a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or less than two axle vehicles may be apportioned at the option of the owner.
We offer the following Apportioned Vehicle services:
– Vehicle changes, additions or deletions
– Replacement Registration Credentials
– Instant issue of 60 Day Temporary Authorization Registration
– All areas of setting up your apportioned vehicle account
Apportioned Vehicle Services are available by appointment only by calling our office 215-677-9444
Please note: We are unable to process Apportioned Registration online therefore all applications and documents are sent to PennDOT via messenger to be processed. This method generally takes 6 to 8 weeks. Once processed the Apportioned Plate and Cab Card is returned to us and we will call you when received.